Monday, October 25, 2010

Julie's Quest for Fitness

Well for those of you wondering where my quest for fitness updates have been hiding...the fact of the matter is that while I continue on my quest, things are not progressing as quickly as I would have liked.  However, I am very happy to report that I have continued on as diligently as possible (for me)...I've encountered a few hiccups on the way (yes sometimes work gets in the way of working out), I've learned how to eat much more responsbily for my body and overall health and energy level and wow...for the first time in as long as I can remember, my boobs are now sticking out farther than my stomach.  That's a huge milestone for me.  Onwards and Upwards...and this is one of the hardest things I have ever tried to do in my life so for anyone else out there struggling...more power to you and stick with it.

I would like to extend an extra special thanks to my personal trainer (and now good friend despite the tough workouts...like the one this morning...my arms are still feel like jello) Sarah Heipel who runs Good Energy Fitness and Nutrition, who has been completely amazing.  She has been able to keep me motivated, arms me with lots and lots of important information about food, health, fitness.  I now do crazy things like make Quinoa at least once a week and have started making my own breakfast cereal. 

I am on a huge upswing right now as I prepare for ski season.  Funny some people are motivated by bathing suit season...not me...I am motivated by buying a brand new pair of ski pants that look really hot on my shrinking butt!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Good on you Julie. This two plus year quest is finally paying out for you.